The Chateau first appeared in its current incarnation in the late 1800’s when the marriage of two family members forced the division of Clos L’Eglise and Chateau Clinet. The wines were little to write home about until Denis Durantou took charge in 1985. Since then the wines at L’Eglise Clinet have improved enormously and are now compete with the best in Pomerol.
The blend has always been Merlot dominant but the percentage of Cabernet Franc used has been decreasing gradually. The wines are known for their concentration, spice, and creamy-vanilla oak.
They also produce a second wine, La Petite Eglise.
Please allow around a week for delivery of this wine.
Overseas deliveries can take longer.
For transfers under bond or to recover VAT on export, please contact us at [email protected]
2010 was an exceptional vintage in Pomerol
2010 was an excellent vintage in Bordeaux